Good evening friends! Microsoft has released new preview builds of Windows 11 (version 22H2) under the numbers 22621.450 and 22622.450 (KB5015890) for members of the Windows Insider Beta Program.
- Assembly 22622.450 – testing of new functions is available.
- Assembly 22621.450 – new features are disabled by default.
If you are in a group with features disabled by default (build 22621.xxx), then check for updates and agree to install an optional update that will make these features available (build 22622.xxx).
Full build numbers:
Fixes for both builds
- Enhanced capabilities of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint to detect and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- File compression now occurs regardless of file size if Server Message Block (SMB) Compression is configured.
- Improved storage replication that occurs on low bandwidth networks or congested Wide Area Networks (WANs).
- We fixed an issue that could cause Windows to display tablet mode features on non-touch devices.
- We fixed an issue resulting in blank areas in the Task View preview area in some application windows.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when copying files from network drives. The error code is 0x80070026.
- Fixed token leak in LsapGetClientInfoEx.
- We fixed an issue where sihost.exe was consuming too much CPU in some cases.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge becoming unresponsive when using IE mode. This issue also prevented interaction with dialog boxes.
- Recent updates to the Beta channel have identified an issue that is causing the Photos app to crash. An updated version of the Photos app with a fix for the issue will be available in the Microsoft Store soon.
- We are investigating reports of SQL Server Management Studio not launching for some members of the Windows Insider Program.
- We are investigating reports of some Insiders having audio stop working after updating to Build 22622.440.
- Windows Explorer
- The left half of File Explorer’s title bar may not be drag-and-drop or touch-enabled.
- File Explorer tabs incorrectly display up arrow button next to the address bar. This will be fixed in future builds.
I wish you a successful update!