Good evening friends! Microsoft has released new preview builds of Windows 11 (version 22H2) under the numbers 22621.598 and 22622.598 (KB5017390) for members of the Windows Insider Beta Program.
- Assembly 22622.598 – testing of new functions is available.
- Assembly 22621.598 – new features are disabled by default.
If you are in a group with features disabled by default (build 22621.xxx), then check for updates and agree to install an optional update that will make these features available (build 22622.xxx).
Full build numbers:
Changes in Build 22622.598
- From now on, you can no longer uninstall applications with dependencies (such as Steam and game applications that require Steam) and restore Win32 applications from the Applications -> Installed Applications section. You can still modify and remove Win32 applications without dependencies.
Fixes in build 22622.598
- We fixed an issue resulting in File Explorer not opening for a small number of Insiders when the “Launch folder windows in a separate process” option is enabled.
- We fixed an issue where it was not possible to interact with the top of File Explorer (with the address bar) when File Explorer was running in full screen (F11) mode.
- We fixed an issue where Command Bar items such as Copy, Paste, and Empty Trash might not appear when they should.
Fixes for both builds
- We fixed an issue that caused a duplicate print queue to be created. This caused the original print queue to stop working.
- We fixed an issue that affected Roaming User Profiles. After logging in or logging out, some settings were not restored.
- [New] Tapping the network connection icon on the lock screen does not work and causes the Lock Screen to malfunction. A reboot may be required to log in. After logging in, you will be able to switch between wireless networks as needed.