Former United States President Donald Trump, who was suspended from Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites after the Capitol attack on January 6, plans to launch his platform in two to three months, one of his top advisers told Fox News on Sunday.
Jason Miller, a spokesman for Trump’s 2020 campaign, told the network that Trump would re-enter social media with his new platform “that would completely redefine the game.”
Miller did not provide further details, and no immediate comments were received from officials of the Trump Organization.
Twitter last week said it would seek public opinion on when and how it should block world leaders, saying it was reviewing policy and looking at whether leaders should be held to the same rules as other users.
Twitter, Facebook and others have been monitoring how they treat the accounts of politicians and government officials following Trump’s ban on inciting violence.
Facebook, which suspended Trump permanently in January, has asked its independent board to decide whether the ban should be lifted.