Microsoft has announced the release of an optional update for Windows 11 2022 Update (version 22H2), which brings with it a number of new features announced in September. To install this update, you will need to manually go to Windows Update and confirm the installation.
New features will become available to all users of Windows 11 2022 Update (version 22H2) along with the release of the November Cumulative Updates, that is, on November 8, 2022.
- Tabs in File Explorer is one of the most anticipated features in Windows. It allows you to organize and easily switch between folders. But these are not all the changes in the “Explorer”. The Home page now has a Favorites section where you can pin your most frequently used files. Improved integration with OneDrive so you can now see which co-worker was the last person to edit or comment on a shared file. And if you try to share the file, Windows will offer a list of contacts with whom you might want to share content, as well as provide personalized applications based on data from your Microsoft 365 account (subscription sold separately).
- “Suggested Actions” – another feature aimed at simplifying everyday tasks. If you highlight a phone number or a future date in text, Windows prompts you to either make a call using the Link to Phone, Teams, or Skype apps, or schedule an event in Calendar.
- Overflowing the taskbar and quick access to the “Task Manager”. The taskbar in Windows 11 22H2 received two important improvements. If you want to pin more applications to the taskbar than can fit in the free space, the system will move them to the additional menu. And if you right-click on the taskbar, then in the context menu you will now find an item to launch the “Task Manager”.
- Now you can share information with more devices. To make file sharing even easier, Microsoft has improved the Nearby Sharing feature. It can now discover more devices to share content from desktop, File Explorer, Photos, Snipping, Xbox and more.
- Photos app. At the end of October, the updated Photos app for Windows 11 will be released with a convenient sorting of your photo collection. All images from your smartphone, camera, or OneDrive will be displayed as a single gallery. Also in the application will be the “Memories” function, which creates collections of photos from OneDrive associated with an event or time.
In addition, the Photos app can now seamlessly access images on your iPhone through iCloud integration. Easy enough to install iCloud for Windows from the Microsoft Store, and photos taken on iPhone will appear in the new app. The integration will become available to users in November.
- Amazon AppStore. Users in 31 countries can now download Android apps and games from the Amazon AppStore, including Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, the United Kingdom, the United States, and other. In total, the store catalog contains more than 50 thousand applications, including Project Makeover, Evony: The King’s Return, Coin Master, kindle, Audible, FlipaClip, Lutron and so on.
- New sports and entertainment apps. Microsoft is pleased to announce that ESPN app now available in the Microsoft Store in 239 countries. Hulu, Netflix, Discord, Vudu, Tubi, Crunchyroll, TikTok, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video are already on the app store.