Good evening friends! Microsoft has released a new preview build of Windows 10 19044.1947 (KB5016688) for Windows Insiders in the Release Preview channel.
This cumulative update brings with it a number of bug fixes. You can find the full list of changes in the official blog. We will list only the most important changes and improvements.
Changes and fixes
- New! Now IT administrators can remotely add languages and manage related features. Moreover, it became possible to manage language scripts in multiple instances of Endpoint Manager.
- New! Enhanced capabilities of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint to detect and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- We fixed an issue where ServerAssignedConfigurations was set to zero in some full configuration scenarios.
- We fixed a known issue resulting in Microsoft Edge becoming unresponsive when using IE mode. This issue also prevented interaction with dialog boxes.
- We fixed an issue that affected the transparency of layered windows when you were running locally integrated (RAIL) high-definition remote applications.
- Fixed error 0×1E that occurred when turning off or rebooting the device.
- We fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, subscription activation would fail.
- We fixed an issue where some games might fail to install due to licensing issues.
- We fixed an issue that caused virtualized App-V Microsoft Office applications to not open or stop working.
- We fixed an issue where, under certain circumstances, after resetting the device, installation of the Windows Hello for Business certificate could fail.
- We fixed an issue that slowed BitLocker performance.
- We fixed an issue where the Resultant Set of Policy tool (msc) stopped working if it processed 1000 or more “File System” security settings.
- We fixed an issue where the Attestation Identity Key (AIK) certificate continued to trust a revoked certificate and could not generate a new certificate.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Take the Test app to remove all policies related to locking the device when the app was closed.
- We fixed an issue affecting icon colors in the Jump List for the Search app.
- We fixed an issue that affected Focus Assist for apps running in full screen mode.
- We fixed an issue where devices were not prompted by Windows Update to extend the functionality of the base driver package if the extension was installed separately from the base driver.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to stop working on Active Directory domain controllers. This issue occurs when LSASS processes concurrent Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) requests over Transport Layer Security (TLS) that cannot be decrypted. Error code: 0xc0000409 (STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN).
- We fixed an issue with looking up a non-existent security identifier (SID) within the local domain using a read-only domain controller (RODC). Search unexpectedly returns STATUS_TRUSTED_DOMAIN_FAILURE instead of STATUS_NONE_MAPPED or
- Fixed an issue where cldft.sys could refer to an invalid area in memory.
- We fixed an issue that affected input and output in the Storport driver and could cause the system to become unresponsive.