304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Those interested in upgrading to this build must make sure their device is running the latest version of OxygenOS 12 (C.63). Readers must be aware that this is beta software and may have potential risks. Some of the known issues as mentioned in the OnePlus post are
– Carrier version (VZW) devices are not compatible with Open beta builds.
– After activating the flashlight, the notification of the flashlight switch will not appear on the lock screen.
– Incoming call notifications will not appear when the iPhone is on the phone.
Here is the complete changelog
– Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for better visual comfort.
– Applies Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and lifelike.
– Adds a shadow reflection clock with a shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
– Adds a World Clock widget to the home screen to display the time in different time zones.
– Upgraded to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0 with a new behavior recognition feature that recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
– Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and cleaner visual experience.
– Applies real-world physical movements to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
– Optimizes widget design to make information easier and faster to find.
– Optimizes fonts for better readability.
Optimizes system icons using the latest color scheme to make icons easier to recognize.
– Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
– Adds a meeting assistant that improves meeting linking and note-taking, and introduces the ability to make notifications subtler and less intrusive.
– Adds large folders to the home screen. You can now open an app in a magnified folder with a single tap and rotate pages in a folder with a swipe.
– Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride hailing and food delivery (only supports some apps).
– Adds media playback controls and optimizes quick settings.
– Adds more markup tools for editing screenshots.
– Adds support for adding widgets to the home screen, making information display more customized.
– Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window in apps for smooth operation.
– Upgrade Doodle in Notes. Now you can draw on graphics and take notes more efficiently.
– Optimizes the shelf. By default, swiping down on the home screen shows the Shelf. You can search for content online and on your device.
– Optimizes file transfer between devices with support for multiple file formats and device models.
– Optimizes screen casting, with content automatically adapting to the target screen.
– Optimizes headphone connectivity to provide a smoother experience.
– Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
– Optimizes Insight Always-On Display with more customized Always-On Display settings.
– Optimizes the always-on portrait silhouette view with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security and privacy
– Adds automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names on chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
– Adds periodic deletion of clipboard data to protect privacy.
– Optimizes private vault. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for better security of private files.
Health and digital well-being
– Adds a children’s area. When you’re in Kid Space, the browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a kid-friendly space.
– Adds eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
– Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve system speed, stability, battery life and app usage.
– Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize frame rate and balance performance and power consumption in key scenarios.