Microsoft released a new version Windows Subsystem for Android for Windows 11 (2207.40000.8.0) for Windows Insider Program members in the US and Japan. This update fixes input issues, improves network connectivity, window interaction, and improves subsystem stability and security.
- A new compatibility model that allows applications to maintain their aspect ratio while still supporting window resizing.
- Improved accessibility in the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app.
- Added new compatibility settings in the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app.
- Fixed issues with application restarts.
- Improved behavior of apps that update Toast notifications instead of using custom Toast notifications with progress.
- Added a dialog to teach users how to use game controls in apps with compatibility settings enabled.
- Improved VPN performance.
- Fixed scrollbars on the compatibility settings page in the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app.
- Now the subsystem collects data about failures in the operation of system and user applications.
- Now the subsystem disables the “No Internet Access” Toast notification.
- Custom Android Toast Notifications are now displayed correctly.
- Amazon Appstore updated to version 60.09.
- Implemented security updates.
- Improved stability of the subsystem.