Microsoft Windows 10 20H1 19041.1.vb_release.191206-1406 (1.14 GB)
Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.307.295.0)
Good morning, friends! Microsoft has released a new pre-build of Windows 10 20H1, numbered 19041, for Windows Insider members using the Early access and Late access channels.
Full Version: Windows 10 20H1 insider 19041.1 (vb_release) 191206-1406
Full build number: 19041.1.vb_release.191206-1406. As you can see, the Assembly belongs to the vb_release branch, not rs_prerelease. VB is derived from the Vibranium-another codename for Windows 10 20H1.
Note. In the near future, Microsoft will start releasing new builds of the new development cycle. This means that the company will once again release builds for insiders on the Early access channel from the RS_PRERELEASE branch rather than the current VB_RELEASE branch. This also means that the desktop watermark will return in these builds. Because development is at an early stage, these builds can contain nasty bugs and will generally be less stable. Now is the time to check your Windows Insider settings and go to the “Late access” channel if you want to continue using 20H1.
Other insider updates
Quick search is now available in other regions
Last month, in build 19018, Microsoft introduced a new quick search feature, available from the Search homepage, which is designed to help you quickly find the information you need online. From today, this feature becomes available outside the United States, namely:
Canada: English and French
China: Chinese (simplified)
Use the quick search to find out about the weather, top news, today in history, new movies, and sometimes seasonal topics and interesting quizzes. Depending on the country you are in, you will see 2-4 search options.
To view these search results, click on the search box on the taskbar to open the Search home page, and then click on one of the quick search buttons. Need answers to other topics or queries? Just type in the question you are interested in and quickly get results about it.
Note. This change is implemented on the server-side and will appear in all builds of the system from version 1809 to 20H1 in supported markets.
Bug fixes and improvements
- This Assembly does not have a watermark with Assembly information in the lower right corner of the desktop. This does not mean that the update is complete.
- Fixed a problem that led to the increase in the number of incremental backups (error 0xc1900101) when you upgrade to a new build.
- Fixed an issue that on previous builds could cause the system to crash when trying to log in to an additional account on the device.
- Fixed an issue with using Japanese IME in some Office applications that caused the suggestion window to not appear when using a reconversion.
- Fixed an issue that could increase CPU load when using Win32 applications if they are in an inactive state after opening the Common File dialog box.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have identified issues with the compatibility of some Insider Preview build with certain versions of the anti-cheat program BattlEye due to changes in the operating system. To protect insiders who may have these versions installed, a restriction has been implemented so that Insider Preview builds will not be offered for devices that may be affected by this issue. More information can be found here.
- We are investigating reports that the system upgrade process may hang for a long time when you try to install a new build.
- Reports are being investigated that some external USB 3.0 drives stop responding when connected. Error code 10.
- Reports are being investigated that the disk Optimization app displays a message stating that optimization has never been performed on some devices.