Good evening, friends! Microsoft has released a new pre-build of Windows 10, numbered 19555, for members of the Windows Insider program who use the early access channel (Fast Ring).
Full build number: Windows 10 20H2 Fast 19555 .1001 rs_prerelease 200127-0900
We as a team would like to remind you that the “Early access” channel releases builds which may contain rather unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we would state that switching to the Slow (Late access) or Release Preview channels.
Bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed an issue that caused some external USB 3.0 drives to stop responding when connecting to the device; error code 10.
- The “Download from the cloud” option for system recovery is working again.
- Fixed an issue where devices on the ARM64 architecture could not upgrade to a previous build.
- Updated the security Log page in the Windows Security app to show a loading indicator if the page takes longer than expected to load.
- Fixed an issue with the modern print dialog box where the preview was sometimes displayed incorrectly in previous builds.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the start menu and apps to not open until explorer was restarted.exe after locking and then unlocking the device while listening to music.
- Fixed an issue with aligning radio buttons in Windows update on the Advanced settings page if certain policies were enabled or disabled.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have recognized issues with the similarity of some Insider Preview work with specific adaptations of the counter cheat program BattlEye because of changes in the working framework. To secure insiders who may have these variants introduced, a limitation has been executed with the goal that Insider Preview constructs won’t be offered for gadgets that might be influenced by this issue. More data can be found here.
- Microsoft knows about an issue with Screen host and NVDA clients utilizing the new form of Microsoft Edge dependent on Chromium, which may cause a few challenges when exploring and perusing certain web content. Advancement groups are attempting to fix the issue. The issue doesn’t influence clients of an obsolete variant of Microsoft Edge.
- The research reports show that the framework update procedure may hang for quite a while when attempting to introduce another form.
- They are investigating reports that some insiders cannot update to new builds due to the 0Ã—8007042b error.
- They are investigating reports that some insiders cannot update to new builds due to the 0xc1900101 error.
- The “Documents” section in the privacy settings does not display an icon correctly (a simple rectangle).
- The offer window for East Asian IMES (simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, and Japanese IMES) may sometimes not open.
- The problem is being investigated. If you encounter this problem, switch to another app or input field, then go back and try again. You can likewise finish the “TextInputHost” task.exe” in the undertaking Manager on the “Details” tab, after which the usefulness ought to be reestablished.
- They are investigating reports that some devices cannot go to sleep mode if they are inactive for a certain time. Microsoft has identified the root cause of the problem and is working on a fix that should be included in the next build. If the problem affects your device, you can use the manual transition to sleep mode, which should work correctly (“start” – > power button – > “Sleep mode”).