Good evening, friends! Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 pre-build number 20241 for Windows Insider program members using the Dev channel (formerly “Early access”). Besides, there are other improvements and bug fixes. Below, as usual, is a list of changes.
Full Update: 20241.1000.rs_prerelease.201016-1450
Windows 10 Insider Build 20241 is new
Introduction of theme screensavers for apps
Based on the theme tiles in Start, we are introducing theme screensavers for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps. Now, when a suitable UWP app is launched, the start screen colour matches your default app mode. For example, if you have enabled a light theme, you will see a light start screen, and if you have enabled a dark theme (for “default app mode”), you will see a dark start screen.
The following apps today support themed welcome screens:
Alarm Clock And Watch
Film and television
Fragments And A Sketch
Microsoft Solitaire Collection
Over time, other apps will be updated through the store to support a themed home screen.
This feature is first provided to a subset of insiders on the Dev channel so that we can quickly detect issues that may affect performance and reliability. Be sure that they are gradually being extended to all employees on the Dev channel.
Improve Your Defragmentation Experience
We are making some changes on the disk Optimization page (Settings > System > Memory > disk optimization), including
- Add a new “advanced view” checkbox to list all disks, including hidden disks. Note that we are still running it, so you will see a checkbox in this version, but you may not notice any differences if you click on it.
- Lists additional information in the “current status” column if partitions are not available for defragmentation (for example, “type not supported” and “file type not supported”).
- Added support for pressing F5 to update.
Changes and improvements
”¢ To ensure that Narrator users are informed of on-screen notifications when a high priority notification appears, when the computer is locked and remains on the screen, we now read it when the computer is unlocked, not just when it arrives.
”¢ We are removing Japanese services by Rinna candidate addresses and offers from the Japanese IME ”“ thanks to Windows Insiders who gave us their feedback on this.
- We fixed an issue that caused some insiders to perform APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error checks in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where scrolling and dragging to zoom did not work correctly on touch-screen devices such as the Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7, and others.
- We fixed an issue where when selecting an IME candidate or text prediction candidate using the hardware keyboard, the candidate was sometimes inserted next to the selected candidate.
- We have fixed an issue where new applications with the Windows installer service error cannot be installed on x86 systems.
- We fixed an issue that caused the error “there was a problem with resetting your PC” when trying to reset this PC with the “save my files” option. No changes were made.“
- We fixed an issue where robocopy was unable to retrieve directory data when using the move command.
- We have a crash dwm.exe fixed a high hit rate on recent flights.
- We fixed an issue that caused the system information window (msinfo32) to crash on startup.
- We fixed an issue that caused the system information window (msinfo32) to suddenly display an empty icon on the taskbar.
- We fixed an issue that could cause Bitlocker encryption to fail with error 0x803100b2.
- We fixed an issue that caused flickering in some apps when the media management popup was visible on the screen and you moved the mouse.
- We fixed an issue that caused the screen to flicker on some devices when accessing power settings on the login screen.
- We fixed a recent issue where closing a tab in Microsoft Edge could cause the task Manager to crash when starting the task Manager.
- We fixed an issue that caused some insiders to see the “Sorry, something went wrong” message when going through the workflow to improve detection for Windows Hello Face.
- We fixed an issue from new builds that caused when settings were open when the PC went to sleep, connected contacts might not be able to reconnect until Bluetooth was turned off and on again.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the Windows sandbox to display error 0x80070003.
- We fixed an issue that caused a non-working link to rename your PC for non-admin users to appear on the project to this computer page in settings.
- We fixed an issue that caused the activation page to crash in settings if you recently went to this page while you were not connected to the Internet.
- We fixed an issue in the printer and scanner settings where clicking the Get App button available for some printers caused the settings to crash recently.
- We fixed an issue where clicking the copy button in the “show hardware and connection properties” section of the network settings resulted in unwanted lines appearing on the settings page with the message “automatic proxy server detection”.
- We fixed an issue related to certain VPN connections where clicking on an entry in the network popup did nothing.
- We fixed an issue that could cause Windows updates to fail with error 0xc000000005.
- We have fixed an issue that could lead to windows. the old one is, as expected, great for some insiders.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the new gesture for controlling the position of the text cursor using the space bar on the touch keyboard to not work for some insiders.
- We fixed a matter that could cause Internet Explorer to malfunction when accessing specific combinations on websites managing Dayi IME.
- We fixed an issue that could cause incorrect characters to be inserted into password fields when typing in Kana mode using the Japanese IME.
- We fixed an issue where using a previous version of the Japanese IME might cause the base APP to crash if you put the IME in the off state during composition and then immediately start typing.
- We check reports about the update process that hang for long periods when trying to install a new design.
- Live previews for attached sites are not yet enabled for all insiders, so you can see a grey window when you hover your mouse over the thumbnail in the taskbar. We continue to work on putting the finishing touches to this experience.
- We are working to enable a new experience of the task pane is attached to the existing sites. Meanwhile, you can release a site from the taskbar, delete it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin it.
- We are working to resolve an issue that causes KMODE_EXCEPTION error checking to occur on certain devices when using certain virtualization technologies.
- We are checking reports that still check for DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION errors on some devices after using Build 20236.
- We are investigating reports that some devices have DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error checking on tcpip.sys get it.
- We are working on a solution where, after building 20236, devices running Malwarebytes Web Protection will no longer be able to connect to the network. Users can go back to 20231 and pause updates or disable web protection as a workaround.
- We are reviewing a problem reported by some insiders while the taskbar disappears the power button in the start menu. If this happens on your PC, you may need to use the Windows Key plus X menu to pre-shutdown the system.
- We could not investigate GPU Compute scenarios, such as working upon DirectML and CUDA, that work inside the Windows subsystem for Linux (WSL).
- Windows insiders on ARM PCs such as the Surface Pro X will find that Windows PowerShell cannot be run with this version. As a workaround, please use “Windows PowerShell ISE (x86) ” or “Windows PowerShell (x86)“ from the Start menu if you necessitate using PowerShell, which takes hold of ARM by running it natively. Besides, the symbol is more beautiful.
I wish you a successful update