Good evening, friends! Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 pre-build number 20270 for Windows Insider program members using the Dev channel (formerly known as Early access).
Full build number: Windows 10 Insider Preview 20270.1 fe_release 201124-1440
Recently, the name of the branch that builds released from has changed to FE_RELEASE. As in May, when insiders started getting builds from the MN_RELEASE, the company is practising the ability to change a branch that is considered an active development branch. Since engineers work indifferent division within the development cycle, insiders may need to move from old to the new division. As a result of switching to the FE_RELEASE division, insiders will notice that some features, such as the updated emoticon panel, redesigned touch keyboard and voice input, as well as theme-based splash screens, have been temporarily removed from the system. The company hopes to return these features to insiders in the future. And an important reminder: FE_RELEASE builds do not apply to any specific version of Windows 10.
Currently, Dev Channel insiders can get builds from the RS_PRERELEASE branch. Appears in Windows update If you check for updates manually. This means that insiders must independently confirm the installation of the build from the RS_PRERELEASE branch. Now the insiders can install the Assembly 21277. After that, it will continue to bring builds from the version to the RS_PRE branch.
We would let you that the Dev channel which can contain quite unpleasant with errors if you are a beginner. If you need more establishment, we recommend switching to the Release Preview channels or Beta (Late access).
Other insider updates
Working with files in Cortana
Now you can use Cortana on your PC to translate your thoughts into specific actions for opening and searching files, which will save you the time you usually spend navigating to the right apps or folders.
Enterprise customers that use Cortana amidst corporate accounts (such as AAD) can search files saved in SharePoint and, OneDrive for Business, as well as files saved on this local PC (see Settings – > Search – > Windows Search).
Customers using a Microsoft account (for example, with an address ending in Outlook.com or Hotmail.com), can use Cortana to search for files on the local PC. This feature is currently accessible to English-speaking users in the United States.
Command options for opening or searching files:
- Role of file names (example: “Hey Cortana, presenting marketing deck”)
- The authors ‘ signatures (example: “Hey Cortana, originate resources Excel from Anthony”)
- Search document you edited (for example: “Hey Cortana find my recent files”)
- Search for the document of a class (for example: “Hey Cortana find my recent pdfsÂ»)
Changes and improvements
- The new Advanced view checkbox in the disk Optimization window now works. If you activate it, the window will display volumes that were not previously there (for example, system partitions and system recovery partitions).
- The touch keyboard in portrait method on 2-in-1 devices immediately supports split keyboard mode. (This development was earlier released to insiders on the Beta channel as a component of the Windows Feature Experience Pack update).
- They have fixed an issue where some dialogue boxes, such as the Properties window, displayed black text on dark background in the last few builds.
- They have fixed an issue that could cause some apps to close while when clicking the Deploy button in the last few builds.
- They have fixed an issue that caused printers with Japanese characters in the name to display incorrectly in the “Printers and scanners” section in the “Settings”.
- They have fixed an issue that could cause some delay in logging in to the account if a large number of users registered on the device.
- We investigate reports that the system update process may hang for a long time when trying to install a new build.
- The real-time preview for pinned site tabs is not yet available to all insiders, so you can see a grey window when you hover over the thumbnail on the taskbar. Engineers are working to improve this feature.
- Engineers are working on enabling a new taskbar feature for already pinned websites. However, you can unpin a site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin it.
- We are investigating reports that some users experience an error code 0x80070426 when using their Microsoft account to log in to various applications. If you encounter this problem, then restart your device, which should help.
- We are investigating an issue where after installing this build, the “Settings” -> “System” -> “memory” -> “disk and volume Management” section does not display any disks. As a workaround, you can use the classic disk management tool.
I wish you a successful update!