Good evening, friends! Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 pre-build number 20215 for Windows Insider program members using the Dev channel (formerly “Early access”).
Full build number: Windows 10 Preview 20215.1000 (rs_prerelease) 200911-1500
Other insider updates
Search in Windows 10 now supports a dark theme
The Search Window on the taskbar in Windows 10 now supports a dark theme for search results. The change will be noticed by insiders who have the system dark theme installed. This improvement is made on the server-side and is available to all participants of the Windows Insider Program on the Dev channel.
The change is intended to reduce eye strain when switching between the start menu and search.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Windows Security app to hang.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Windows Security app to crash when going to the exceptions page if there are a large number of exceptions.
- Fixed an issue where using a restore point created before the Microsoft Edge update could cause Microsoft Edge to stop starting after the restore procedure was completed.
- Fixed an issue where the text cursor would unexpectedly move to the beginning of the text field when typing using the Korean IME in some applications.
- Fixed an issue that affected the stability of voice text input.
- Fixed an issue where on a small number of devices, the start menu did not show that the update was waiting for a reboot, and scheduled system restarts were cancelled.
- We investigate reports that the system update process may hang for a long time when trying to install a new build.
- Engineers are working to fix the problem so that the real-time preview for pinned tabs on the site works.
- Engineers are working on enabling a new taskbar feature for already pinned websites. However, you can unpin a site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin it.
- We investigate reports that some Office applications crash or are missing after upgrading to a new build.
- We investigate reports of failures in the Settings app when opening the disk and volume Management section.
- We are examining reports that some devices have A gsod with the KMODE_EXCEPTION error while using some virtualization technologies.
- Engineers are working to fix an issue that caused the Linux kernel to not install when using the “wsl-install” command in Windows Subsystem for Linux. To resolve the issue immediately, run the “wsl-update” command to get the latest version of the kernel.
- We are investigating a problem that affects distributions of Windows Subsystem for Linux 2, which may cause users to receive an error message with the text “remote procedure call error” at startup.
- We are investigating an issue wherein the vEthernet adapter in Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 distributions is disabled subsequent a specified period of use. For more information, see the topic on GitHub.
- Engineers are working to fix common problems that occur when using the “wsl ”“install” command in Windows Subsystem for Linux.
We wish you a successful update!