Microsoft has released a new preview build of Windows 11 22000.1515 (KB5019274) for Windows Insiders using the Release Preview channel. This cumulative update brings with it a number of fixes for bugs found in Windows 11 version 21H2.
Complete build number: 10.0.22000.1515.co_release_svc_prod2.230106-1609.
Changes and fixes
- New! Added a Windows Spotlight theme under Personalization to make it easier to find and enable the feature.
- New! You can now manage your OneDrive subscriptions and cloud storage alerts from the Accounts page in the Settings app.
- New! The Accounts page in the Settings app now displays the total amount of cloud storage for all your OneDrive subscriptions.
- New! Added OneDrive cloud storage status alerts to the System section in the Settings app. Alerts will appear when you get close to your cloud storage limits. You can also manage OneDrive and purchase additional cloud storage if needed.
- New! Added Xbox subscription information to the Accounts page in the Settings app. If you have any kind of Xbox subscription, then you will be able to manage it from this page. If there is no subscription, you will be presented with existing subscription options.
- We fixed an issue with searchindexer.exe that sometimes prevented you from logging in or logging out.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the file being unable to be found by its contents.
- Fixed resource conflict between two or more threads (known as deadlock). This lock affected COM+ applications.
- We fixed an issue with the conhost.exe process that could become unresponsive.
- We fixed an issue that prevented some modern apps from opening.
- We fixed an issue that could affect the list of Domain Name System (DNS) suffix search results. When configured, the parent domain might be missing.
- Added support for URLs up to 8196 characters long.
- We fixed an issue that could occur when the Input Method Editor (IME) was active. Applications may become unresponsive when using the mouse and keyboard at the same time.
- We fixed an issue that could affect the FindWindow() or FindWindowEx() functions. They could return an invalid window handle.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in data corruption in memory. The problem occurred when using certain HD audio controller hardware.
- Addresses an issue that affects some computers with built-in Trusted Platform Modules (TPM). Because of this issue, it was not possible to use AutoPilot to set up these systems.
- We fixed an issue resulting in landscape documents not printing correctly from Microsoft Edge. This issue occurred when using Microsoft Defender Application Guard.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the touch keyboard not opening.
- We fixed an issue that caused explorer.exe to become unresponsive. This issue occurred when using the Play and Pause buttons on certain device keyboards.
- Addresses an issue affecting Windows Server 2022 domain controllers (DCs) that become unresponsive when processing Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) requests.
- We fixed an issue affecting the MSba tag in Resilient File System (ReFS). The problem resulted in a memory leak in the nonpaged pool.
- We fixed an issue with ReFS that resulted in high non-paged pool usage, which reduced free RAM.