Good morning friends! Microsoft has released a new preview build of Windows 11 22000.706 (KB5014019) for Windows Insiders using the Release Preview channel.
This update brings with it support for Windows Spotlight to set images of the day as desktop wallpaper, improvements to the Family Safety feature, and a number of fixes for bugs found in the release version of Windows 11.
You can find the full list of fixes on the official blog. We will list only the most important changes and improvements.
Complete build number: 10.0.22000.706.co_release_svc_prod3.220509-1622.
Changes and fixes
- [new] Improved the Family Safety check mechanism for a child’s account when they submit a request for more screen time.
- [new] Windows Spotlight for Desktop will set new background images as your wallpaper daily. Previously, this feature was only available for setting lock screen images. If desired, you can get additional information about the current image on your desktop. To enable the feature, go to Settings -> Personalization -> Background -> Personalize background and select Windows Spotlight.
- We fixed an issue that caused the text input app to stop working (TextInputHost.exe).
- Fixed issue in searchindexer.exewhich affected the search for objects in Microsoft Visio.
- Users can no longer bypass Azure Active Directory (AAD) sign-in enforcement by using Internet Disable.
- We fixed an issue that caused the AnyCPU application to run as a 32-bit process.
- We fixed an issue that caused the display brightness to persist after changing the display mode.
- We fixed an issue where some apps using d3d9.dllcould close unexpectedly on launch on devices with certain graphics cards.
- Fixed an issue affecting IE mode window borders.
- We fixed an issue affecting Group Policy templates.
- We fixed an issue that prevented web shortcuts from updating.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some users experiencing a black screen when signing in and out of Windows.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Input Method Editor (IME) to discard a character entered while the IME was converting previous text.
- Fixed an issue with the Desktop Duplication API that affected display orientation and resulted in a black screen.
- We fixed an issue resulting in BitLocker not encrypting when using the option for automatic encryption.
- We fixed an issue affecting the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) driver that could result in slow system startup times.
- We fixed an issue where the Remote Desktop client application could stop working after the session ended.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Widgets panel to display on the wrong monitor when hovering over the widgets icon in the taskbar.
- An animation has been added for the widget icon on the taskbar, which is played when clicking on the corresponding button if the taskbar is left-aligned.
- We fixed an issue that affected the display of the widget icon on the taskbar centered.
- We fixed an issue resulting in app icons in search results being blurry when using zooms greater than 100%.
- We fixed an issue that slowed file copying due to incorrect calculation of write buffers in the cache manager.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the system to hang when the user logs out while using Microsoft OneDrive.