Yesterday, Microsoft released a new preview build of Windows 11, numbered 22000.776 (KB5014668) for Windows Insiders using the Beta and Release Preview channels.
This cumulative update brings with it a number of fixes for bugs found in the release version of Windows 11. You can find the full list of fixes on the official blog. We will list only the most important changes and improvements.
Complete build number: 10.0.22000.776.co_release_svc_prod2.220608-1835.
Changes and fixes
- New! Added IP address auditing for incoming Windows Remote Management (WinRM) connections in security events 4262 and WinRM 91. Also fixed an issue where the source IP address and machine name could not be registered for a PowerShell remote connection.
- New! Added FSCTL_LMR_QUERY_INFO code for Server Message Block (SMB) (RDR) redirect, which is part of File System Control (FSCTL).
- New! The cipher suite order of the SMB client and SMB server can now be configured using PowerShell.
- New! Improvements to the “Search” function.
Now the search bar in the Start menu and Search will be periodically updated, offering you any relevant topics. In the “Search” window, blocks will appear with information about various facts and events, whether it be holidays, anniversaries, and so on, which will apply both to the whole world and to your current region. On the main page in the “Search” you will see content that talks about today.
If you’re using a work or school account, Search will be your one-stop place to find files and contacts in your organization. In the search results you will find the latest information from the organization, contact list, files and more.
Changes to the way “Search” will be available to users of Windows 11 within a few weeks. Microsoft says it’s taking a phased and measured approach when rolling out the feature.
- We fixed an issue that could result in a crash when upgrading to Windows 11 (initial release).
- We fixed an issue resulting in incorrect display of Japanese characters in PowerShell.
- We fixed an issue that impacted the Cloud Clipboard service and prevented data from syncing between computers after a period of inactivity.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Windows Sandbox start screen being unable to be hidden after starting Sandbox.
- Added the ability to use a network proxy server during Universal Print operations.
- We fixed an issue that could result in crashes when playing consecutive videos in games using DirectX 12 (DX12).
- We fixed an issue that caused some games to crash if they used the XAudio API to play sound effects.
- We fixed an issue that prevented Bluetooth from reconnecting to some audio devices after restarting the computer.
- We fixed an issue that could cause Windows 11 (Initial Release) to crash if you installed the app without an internet connection.
- Now, after removing Windows Terminal, the context menu displayed when you right-click on the Start button (WIN + X) will contain elements from Windows PowerShell.
- Changed app name in Settings from Your Phone to Link to Phone.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Microsoft Surface Dial Settings page crashing.