Good evening friends! Microsoft has released a new preview build of Windows 11 25174 to Windows Insider program members using the Dev channel.
Full build number: 10.0.25174.1000.rs_prerelease.220729-1429
New Game Pass Widget
Over the past months, the Windows and Xbox teams have been working to make the combination of Windows and PC Game Pass even better. As part of this project, the Game Pass widget was developed:
This widget is a portal to the vast PC Game Pass library. It will display what’s new in the subscription, future releases, as well as games from other categories. Clicking on a game will take you to the Xbox app, where you can read reviews and install the game on your computer.
In addition, another exciting feature is coming soon that will allow you to sign into your Xbox profile and easily return to recently played games, as well as see personalized game recommendations algorithmically curated just for you.
The Game Pass Widget Preview is available in the Widget Bar along with other widgets that display the weather, sports news and other useful content. To open the widget panel, you must click on the corresponding button on the taskbar or use the WIN + W combination.
How to add a widget:
- Open the widget panel.
- Click on the “+” button next to your user profile in the upper right corner.
- Click on the “+” button next to Game Pass.
- Close the Widget Options window.
- The Game Pass widget should now be present alongside the rest of the widgets.
Changes and improvements
- Pressing the middle mouse button on a folder in the navigation bar will open it in a new tab, as it does in the main part of File Explorer. Please note that the feature requires File Explorer with support for a tabbed interface, which is not yet available to all members of the Windows Insider program.
- We fixed an issue that could cause explorer.exe to crash when opening new Explorer windows.
- We fixed an issue where launching File Explorer in certain ways (such as from the command line) while using the dark theme would cause the main area of File Explorer to unexpectedly appear in the light theme.
- We fixed an issue where the right/left arrows had the color of the light theme even if you were using the dark theme, causing them to lack contrast. This made it difficult to determine if the button was active.
- We fixed an issue where dividers in the navigation bar sometimes overlapped on top of items or were drawn too close to the text.
- We fixed an issue where dragging a folder to the navigation bar would unexpectedly place it at the end of the list instead of where you dragged it.
- We fixed an issue resulting in File Explorer UI issues when using the F11 key to put File Explorer in full screen mode.
- Task bar:
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders missing some of their taskbar items in the previous flight.
- Fixed a crash that occurred on some devices when going to System -> Storage -> Disks and Volumes.
- We fixed an issue resulting in mouse and keyboard not working properly in some games in the last two builds.
- We fixed an issue that was believed to be preventing SQL Server Management Studio from launching for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue where the Memory Integrity feature in Windows Security could display a warning that it could not be enabled due to incompatible drivers, but the list of incompatible drivers was empty.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some applications not launching in the last few builds if Core Isolation is enabled in Windows Security.
Note. Some of the fixes listed above may be included in the cumulative updates for the October 5 release version of Windows 11.
- Some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat may crash or cause GSOD to appear on your device.
- [New] Investigating reports of some Insiders having audio playback stop working after upgrading to a previous build.
- [New] Engineers are working on a fix for an issue that is causing some Insiders to experience FPS drops in some games when using some graphics cards.
- [New] Investigating reports of recent Insider builds causing some app crashes.
- Windows Explorer
- The left half of File Explorer’s title bar may not be drag-and-drop or touch-enabled.
- File Explorer tabs incorrectly display up arrow button next to the address bar. This will be fixed in future builds.
- [New] Engineers are working on a fix for an issue where the Home, Documents, Pictures, and other folders are unexpectedly duplicated in the navigation bar or appear on the desktop.
- [New] Engineers are working on a fix for an issue where the background color of the “Search” field in File Explorer may be the opposite of what is set by the current theme.
- [New] Engineers are working on a fix for an issue where the Delete key does not work with files in File Explorer. You can still use the context menu to delete files.
- The number in the notification indicator on the taskbar may be displayed with an offset.
- In some cases, the notification information banner may not appear in the widget panel.
- Engineers are working on a fix for an issue where widget settings (temperature units and pinned widget order) were unexpectedly reset to default.
- [New] Engineers are working on a fix for an issue that causes freezes and crashes when trying to print content from certain applications (eg Excel).
- [New] Investigate reports that in recent builds for the Dev channel, lines are not respected when printing tables from certain applications.
I wish you a successful update!